At Carshalton Boys Sports College we do everything reasonably practicable to ensure the safety of our pupils and staff. Unfortunately sometimes incidents do occur, and should you feel that we have failed in our duty, you have the legal right to raise a liability claim against us.
The London Borough of Sutton Insurance Office handle all Public Liability and Employee Liability claims on behalf of Carshalton Boys.
If you are a Third Party Solicitor and wish to make a claim on behalf of your client against Carshalton Boys, please would you register your client’s claim - against the London Borough of Sutton - using the London Borough of Sutton's claim portal. Click here for access to the service. (Similarly, for any individual wishing to make a claim, please start by using the London Borough of Sutton service.)
If the claim does not fall within the portal guidelines, please send a letter regarding the claim to:
- Claims Manager. London Borough of Sutton Insurance Team. Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA
Details of the incident being claimed against must include:
- Date and time of accident
- Exact location of accident
- Cause, e.g. broken paving slab, faulty chair, etc.
- Details of the injury
- Details of the accident circumstances
In order for your claim to succeed, it will be necessary for you to prove negligence or breach of statutory duty - as there is no automatic right to compensation.
A claims handler will be appointed from the London Borough of Sutton's Insurance Office to investigate your claim on behalf of Carshalton Boys. The claims handler will liaising with the appropriate school department to obtain the necessary information to determine whether Carshalton Boys, another organisation or a third party has been negligent.
Further information from you may be required. Should this prove necessary you will be asked clearly the information needed.
There are three possible outcomes to the claim process:
- The claim will be accepted and, subject to appropriate documentary evidence, a settlement will be negotiated with you.
- The claim will be rejected/repudiated if it can be demonstrate that the council and/or Carshalton Boys acted responsibly.
- Investigation may indicate that another party was responsible: you will be advised that your claim needs to be redirected. (We will try to provide contact details concerning the other party, should you wish to pursuing your claim against them.)
* Before making any claim you may wish to consider obtaining advice from your Solicitors or local Citizens Advice Bureau.
The Council participates in a number of national and local schemes to reduce the cost of fraudulent claims to Council tax payers. Information may be shared between Council services, insurers, claim handlers, loss adjusters and other agencies. For this reason The London Borough of Sutton’s Insurance Office would be grateful if you would supply your Date of Birth and National Insurance number when making a claim.