An inspection of Carshalton Boys Sports College was carried out by Ofsted on 11-12 June 2013. A summary of their findings are listed below:
- Visionary leadership is provided by the principal. His passion for the college and its students is shared by his dedicated senior team and by his entire staff. They are strongly committed to making sure that the college continually improves.
- Most groups of students are achieving well and making good progress over time. Standards are rising because target setting and monitoring procedures are detailed and rigorous.
- All students, including those in the growing sixth form, are given clear guidance on what they need to do to meet examination requirements.
- Teaching and learning are good, and outstanding in some lessons.
- Behaviour is good. Students attend regularly and show considerable enthusiasm for college life. They feel safe, valued and respected.
- The sixth form is good. It is led and managed well and students are achieving well.
- The quality of teaching is closely monitored by leaders, managers and governors. This has contributed to improvements, helping to secure good learning.
- Governors are supportive and ambitious for the college to improve further. They provide good support, but are prepared to challenge leaders to make sure that policies are properly and effectively applied.
Should you need to download Adobe Reader click here.
The full inspection report is accessible by clicking on the link below: