Please find below a link to the latest performance tables published by the Department for Education:
2015/2016 EXAMINATION Results
The staff and students of Carshalton Boys Sports College are celebrating yet again following the release of both our GCSE and A–level results. The school goes from strength to strength and this year we achieved our best ever results, testament to the dedication of students and staff toward the shared goal of academic excellence.
At GCSE 60% of our students attained A* to C in both English and Maths, 75% achieved an A*-C grade in English and 68% achieved an A*-C grade in Maths, with 80% of all students making expected progress in English and 61% making expected progress in Maths.
366 A* and A grades were achieved and our overall A*-A grades have improved from 11% in 2014 to 13% this year.
KS4 PROGRESS 8 & ATTAINMENT 8
Pupils completing the full complement of qualifying subjects (130) have a Progress 8 Score of 0.08 and an Attainment 8 Score of C+.
Overall Progress 8 school score is -0.19 with an Attainment 8 Score of C.
National Performance Tables
You may have noticed that National Performance Tables published by the DfE show results lower than those published on our website. These tables only take into account a student’s first examination result, as opposed to their best examination result, where that student may have been entered early for their examination.
We believe in doing what we think is best for our students, and if we think that early entry, and having more than one opportunity to sit an examination benefits our students then we will continue to do so. You can read more about our rationale here.
In Mathematics and English our results are higher than those shown in the Performance Tables. Below are the performance indicators at the end of year 11.
- 68% of students gained a C grade or better in Mathematics
- The Average Point Score in Mathematics is 40.00
- Levels of progress in Mathematics were 3+ at 61% and 4+ at 28%
- 75% of students gained a C grade or better in English
- The Average Point Score in English is 40.19
- Levels of progress in English were 3+ at 80% and 4+ at 38%
- 70% of students gained a C grade or better in Core Science
- 70% of students gained a C grade or better in Additional Science
- 59% of students gained C or better in BOTH English and Mathematics
- 57% of students gained 5 A*-C inc English and Mathematics
- 13% of students gained the EBacc combination of subjects; 69% of those who followed the relevant combination of subjects
2015/2016 A-Level Results
In the Sixth Form, we continue to see students perform above national average, and we have seen our highest number of young men and women go on to study at University.
A2 Results 2016
AS Results 2016
ks5 RESULTS (2015)
The progress KS5 students have made in English is 43% (compared to 31% nationally)
The progress KS5 students have made in Maths is 25% (compared to 16% nationally)
The overall progress made/Value Added is as follows:
Academic 0.13 (sig+)
A Level 0.12
AS Level 0.14
APS Per Entry was 207.5 (C grade)
Retention figures for 2015: (the % of students who get to the end of their study programme)
A Level 85%
AS Level 88%
Other Qualifications 88%
89% of students went on to sustained education, employment or training destinations with 49% in sustained higher education destinations.
97% of students went on to sustained education, employment or training destinations with 77% in sustained higher education destinations.